Full Time Service Technician/Operator Position Available!

Job Description

Service Technician/Operator


AquaPoint is an industry leading biological wastewater treatment system designer, manufacturer and service provider. We specialize in high performance nutrient removal and tertiary filtration of biologically treated effluent for municipal, residential, commercial and industrial applications. Our product line incorporates fixed-film attached growth processes and supplemental equipment to assemble treatment solutions that are compact, easy to operate, energy efficient and cost effective.

In this position with strong growth opportunities, you will split time between AquaPoint’s Service and Operations departments. Approximately 80% of your time will be spent as an operator maintaining treatment systems for which AquaPoint holds service contracts. The other 20% of the time you will execute service work orders and support the execution of new AquaPoint systems through installation and commissioning. Your direct reporting supervisor will be the operations manager.


  • Work with AquaPoint Service Coordinator and Operations Manager to develop a monthly service schedule.
  • Respond to alarm calls.
  • Execute work orders (a client requested service beyond that required by the service contract).
  • Coordinate with septic haulers to have septic tanks pumped as needed.
  • Coordinate delivery of chemicals (alkalinity, carbon, coagulant) to applicable sites.
  • Generate service reports using AquaPoint field reporting system (Adobe forms on tablets).
  • Submit field reports and service logs to accounting for billing.
  • Interact with clients as needed to explain services provided, system conditions, parts replaced, etc.
  • Take samples and arrange for laboratory pickup.
  • Review analytical data and make process control adjustments to systems as required.
  • Troubleshoot and diagnose system mechanical/electrical problems and corrective actions needed.
  • Replace system components as needed (pumps, fans, electrical components, etc.).
  • File discharge monitoring reports (DMRs) with MA DEP.


  • Communication with sub-contractors (general contractors, earth workers, electricians, plumbers, etc.) to help facilitate project execution.
  • Schedule and provide technical support for installations and commissioning.
  • Provide onsite system training for new operators.
  • Post-commissioning support for new operators.


  • Strong organizational and time management skills.
  • Excellent writing, communication and analytical skills.
  • Ability to work independently and problem solve.
  • Local travel required.
  • Familiarity with windows operating systems (Word, Excel, Adobe, Outlook).
  • Required to develop a strong understanding of AquaPoint products and processes.
  • Required to develop a strong understanding of general wastewater treatment equipment and design principals.
  • Required to develop a general understanding of mechanical/electrical systems and use of Multi-Meter.
  • Required to work with power tools.
  • Maintain an active MA Operators license (Grade 4 or higher).


  • Competitive Base Salary with opportunity for performance based bonus, medical & 401k plan

Please send resumes & cover letters to – [email protected], Aquapoint, 39 Tarkiln Place, New Bedford, MA 02745 or FAX to (508) 985-9072.