Regional Technical Sales Manager
AquaPoint is an industry leading biological wastewater treatment system designer, manufacturer and service provider. We specialize in high performance nutrient removal and tertiary filtration of biologically treated effluent for municipal, residential, commercial and industrial applications. Our product line incorporates fixed-film attached growth processes and supplemental equipment to assemble treatment solutions that are compact, easy to operate, energy efficient and cost effective.
The Regional Technical Sales Manager shall be responsible for promoting the company and its products, finding project opportunities, and responding to inquiries from prospective clients. The sales manager shall manage accounts until the point of sale and shall serve as a liaison between AquaPoint’s engineering department and the consulting engineer during the design process. The sales manager shall have a strong technical background and exhibit good organization and communication skills. Regular travel and meeting with design engineers, developers and regulators is required.
- Strong organizational, time management and written/verbal communication skills.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently.
- Background in environmental studies or science is preferred.
- Regular travel required.
- Familiarity with windows operating systems (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook, Adobe).
- New Hampshire
- Initial Training:
- Train under current New England Sales Manager for 3-6 months prior to his retirement.
- Come up to speed on existing projects/opportunities.
- Meet with past clients, engineering contacts and regulators.
- Strategic Territory Building:
- Target engineers currently in the business of designing wastewater treatment systems.
- Maintain a database of engineer, developer and regulator contacts.
- Regularly stay in touch with key prospects via face-to-face meetings and/or sales calls.
- Perform Webinars and Lunch & Learn sessions when appropriate (larger audiences opportunities).
- Develop a strong understanding of regulations in all states and regions in the territory.
- Promote the company and its products within the territory.
- Project Management:
- Qualify projects and generate design sheets for new inquiries.
- Submit design sheets to AquaPoint engineering for system sizing.
- Price projects using “AquaPoint Master Price Sheet”, review margins with corporate office.
- Generate technical proposals using “AquaPoint Proposal Template”.
- Follow up / sell the engineer & client on using AquaPoint.
- Provide design and permitting support to the project engineer throughout the design process.
- Review project site plans and specification documents in conjunction with AquaPoint Engineering.
- Distribute final bid contracts to bidding contractors and answer technical questions.
- Maintain organized project files and email records for each project opportunity.
- Attend periodic company sales and marketing meetings.
- Help develop content for blast emails and newsletters in the territory.
- Attend trade shows the company elects to take part in within the territory.
- Maintain project info and opportunities in contact database.
- Take part in sales meetings. Provide updates on active projects, small wins and future goals.
- Generate annual sales forecasts for the territory.
TIME & EFFORT DISTRIBUTION:
Distribution of time and effort will vary based on inquiry volume and demand for certain project management duties. The following is intended to be a general guideline.
- 50% of time should be spent outside of the office visiting with engineers, regulators and developers as well as other sales and marketing initiatives.
- Half of this 50% should be spent within a 120-mile radius of New Bedford, MA (corporate headquarters).
- Half of this 50% should be spent targeting other regions in the defined territory.
- 20% of time should be spent in office making sales, calls, scheduling meetings, maintaining database, etc…
- 30% of time should be spent in office pricing system inquiries, developing proposals and performing other project management tasks.
- Competitive Base Salary with commission, bonus structure, medical & 401k plan
Please send resumes & cover letters to – email@example.com, Aquapoint, 39 Tarkiln Place, New Bedford, MA 02745 or FAX to (508) 985-9072.